I Guess This is a Good Time to Stop All This, and Say Goodbye and Good Luck!

Well, as they say, the time to leave is on a high.

That is where the blog is and that is why I am stopping it.

The statistics from yesterday tell the story.

Australian Health Information Technology

VISITS Total 113,744

Average Per Day 206

Average Visit Length 3:15

Last Hour 6

Today 90

This Week 1,442

PAGE VIEWS Total 187,474

Average Per Day 375

Average Per Visit 1.8

Last Hour 7

Today 170

This Week 2,626

From here we also see:

FeedBurner Reader Count

1165 readers:

Pretty cool! I never imagined Health IT was so interesting.

The blog has been online since March 2006 and it seems to me 3.5 years is long enough to cause me stop giving myself a headache by repeated banging of my head on a hard object!

It seems to me the failure of the Australian National Government to have to capacity to get its act sufficiently together to even enunciate a policy for the deployment of Health Information Technology in Australia is a total failure of governance and leadership. The case for action is totally clear, they (the Government) are just incompetent and worse, they are killing patients through inaction.

NEHTA is an absurd money-wasting joke, the reasonable and the not too expensive National E-Health Strategy (which pays for itself in the medium term and which would make a major difference) has been ignored and instead we see wacky ideas from the likes of Peter Fleming about how important a commercial focus is, and what a wonderful thing it would be to have Google and Microsoft help. (Even thought Google at least wants no part of it at present)

The investment in NEHTA now well exceeds $200M and nothing has been returned that anyone can see.

After 1000 posts it is time for some-one else to carry this forward and for me to get on with listening to music (Handel especially) and spending time working out how to spend the rest of my life disengaged from the incompetent and the stupid who, for unfathomable reasons, seem to be determined to have nothing good happen.

To those who have read and commented – thanks heaps! There has been wisdom and honesty found here which is certainly not found in the public domain.

To those who have something to say. Send me your text and if it is reasonable I will publish it under your name on the blog. Otherwise this is all over and the ‘forces of darkness’ can celebrate as they slip into the inevitable abyss.

To those who enjoyed what I have written, it was a pleasure. To those who were made to feel I was less than impressed with them – well tough – you earned it!

I will leave the blog up as a searchable resource for those who want reference etc.

I have the comfort of having tried, and failed, rather than never having tried. I am content if a little disappointed.

A friend, probably wisely, pointed out that the Government and NEHTA have got what they want. Minimal cost, minimal public upset and a story to tell about how they are trying if anyone asks. A Machiavellian trifecta if ever there was one.

Once I post this I will have my life back. Live long and prosper!

David.

ps. There just might be a post every few weeks just to highlight some especially pathetic bit of nonsense. I may not be able to help myself .

D.

0 comments:

Post a Comment