The Financial HoneyPot Beats Common Sense. How Silly!

This blog may well loose me many friends but I need to write it.

My thesis is that all the money NEHTA is throwing at ‘duff’ e-Health projects, like the HI Service, is preventing any quality debate as to just how sensible, rational and well planned what they are doing is.

It is really quite that simple, and we are all likely to suffer as a result.

Any e-Health program that, is centralised, denies individual’s consent, needs a major marketing campaign, does not provide clear-cut benefits for those who deliver healthcare, overstates the benefits for consumers and which attempts to spin that it is providing adequate and properly considered privacy and security for consumer protection when it has not actually tested and piloted the plan is doomed to failure is a spectacular and expensive fashion.

Many of those who know these ‘self-evident’ truths, that have been hard learned in the UK, Europe and the US seem to be strangely silent. A possible reason, they are having the meal ticket provided by NEHTA so what else can they do post the ugly GFC? Lie low and take the money I guess.

The level of anonymous but revealing and important posts confirms this view. I would argue the time to come out may have arrived.

The 'control freak' and secrecy mentality we see from NEHTA / DoHA hardly argues against my thesis!

I am probably wrong, and actually they are all carefully considered and thoughtful ‘true believers’, and all this is going to be wonderful, but unpaid and unbiased I really doubt it!

Tell me what you think, but I can’t understand why there is so little debate. I really want debate and discussion on this.

David.

0 comments:

Post a Comment