My Response To The E-Health Central Blogger.

David More July 28, 2010 at 10:23 pm

“Anyone who knows anything at all about the system would be aware that both those claims are complete balderdash.

But over on his I Hate NEHTA blog, David More gets out his own egg-beater, and under the laborious heading “It Does Not Seem To Be Going Very well. NEHTA’s HI Service Seems To Be Stalled and May Not Be Safe” declares “What is new here is that direct from the ‘horse’s mouth’ we are hearing of a serious fracture between the Medical Software Industry and NEHTA. No doubt there will be all sorts of denial and spin put on this report and I can assure you – knowing those involved – that they would not have made these comments to the Australian unless the levels of unhappiness were pretty extreme.”

Charles:

I don’t hate NEHTA, I just would like some real delivery of what is promised. Also no-one pays me. I actually do this because I care what happens the the Australian Health System and the infrastructure it needs.

In the light of the recent comments on your blog are you prepared to withdraw the remarks made about Karen Dearne and myself – or do we need to let the court of public opinion expose you for what you seem to be?

At this point graceful withdrawal looks pretty good!

What you really should do is just send NEHTA’s money back and then research the issue sufficiently deeply to be able to form a serious independent view on all this.

Remember I am both a medical graduate and a PhD who has spent since 1987 in the e-Health space. I know what I am talking about, largely, do you? I know I am not anywhere near infallible but I have spent a long time giving this honest thought – and no one has paid me a cent for this work – can you grasp it might just be that as both the Boston Consulting Group and Deloittes have said – serious change at NEHTA is needed?

David.

This is all posted here:

http://www.ehealthcentral.com.au/2010/07/alarums-and-diversions/comment-page-1/#comment-468

Frankly until the level of personal invective and rudeness disappears this is all I have to say.

David.


0 comments:

Post a Comment